18.11.06

A MI MANERA / MY WAY



Francis Albert « Frank » Sinatra (12 décembre 1915 - 14 mai 1998), également appelé The Voice ou Ol' Blue Eyes ou encore The Chairman of the Board, fut un chanteur et un acteur américain d'origine italienne, à la réputation mondiale.

Il obtint l'oscar du meilleur second rôle dans From Here To Eternity (Tant qu'il y aura des hommes) en 1953. Il fut le mari d'Ava Gardner (pour laquelle il chanta d'une façon bouleversante I Am A Fool To Want You) et de Mia Farrow. Avec sa première épouse, Nancy Barbato, il eut trois enfants, dont Nancy Sinatra qui devint musicienne à son tour et qui enregistra plusieurs duos avec son père dont le célèbre Something Stupid.

Des documents rendus publics après sa mort accréditent la thèse de liens entre Frank Sinatra et la Mafia. Une anecdote présentée comme véridique fut racontée à ce sujet par le comique Jerry Lewis. Ces liens hypothétiques l'auraient mis en relation avec Willie Moretti, Lucky Luciano et Sam Giancana.

Ses films les plus célèbres sont :

L'Homme au bras d'or (The Man With The Golden Arm), 1956
High Society, 1956
Pal Joey (La Blonde ou la rousse), 1957
Some Came Running (Comme un torrent), 1959
Ocean's Eleven (L'Inconnu de Las Vegas), 1960
The Detective, 1968
Ses chansons les plus connues demeurent Stranger in the night, My Way (reprise du Comme d'habitude de Claude François), New York, New York

and now the end is near
and so i face the final curtain
my friend, i'll say it clear
i'll state my case,
of which i'm certain
i've lived a life that's full,
i've travelled each
and ev'ry highway
and more, much more than this,
i did it my way
regrets i've had a few
but then again
too few to mention
i did what i had to do,
and saw it through without exemption
i planned each chartered course,
each careful step along the byway
and more, much more than this,
i did it my way
yes there were times i'm sure you knew
when i bit off more than i could chew
but through it all
when there was doubt i ate it up
and spit it out
i faced it all and i stood tall
and did it my way
i've loved i've laughed and cried
i've had my fill my share of losing
and now as tears subside,
i find it all so amusing
to think i did all that
and may i say, not in a shy way
oh no, oh no not me
i did it my way
for what is a man
what has he got, if not himself
then he has not to say the things
he'd truly feels and not the words
of one who kneels
the record shows i took the blows
and did it my way
yes it was my way.

No hay comentarios: